I'll show you what I ended up with- and then the steps that got me there...
There are many layers of gesso on this bad-boy- but I actually really like how it turned out. Although it feels different than my other work- it still has aspects of it that resonate with the other pieces. One of the hardest things for me was choosing a word. I didn't want to go super-inspirational and I didn't want to go too obscure. "Forage" fell perfectly in the middle between "Discover" and "Paidia & Ludus" (hub's suggestion).
I started three canvases at once- all covered in a patchwork of green/blue inky squares. Here are parts of the two that did not make the cut:
There are elements in each that I like- but I'm so pleased with the minimal imagery and maximal texture I was able to get in my finished piece. I'm currently in the home stretch of week 5- can't wait to show you how this Make Art That Sells part A ends up!
Also- if you haven't seen my website update (full of new work)- check it out HERE!