White + Black + Gold

10.03.2014


I just spent many a hour gold leafing this year's batch of Season Calendars. Most of them are headed to the sweet NYC shop Catbird- but I will have about 25 for sale in my etsy shop (they'll be up on Monday- so act fast). This is the third year for this calendar and I still love it- simple, unique, and GOLD! There's something about gold leaf that makes everything more awesome. Although it's a mess to work with- it's ultra-satisfying to see something that's hum-drum black and white turn into wham-bam-glam- white, black and gold (W-B-G)! I'd say the only negative for gold is that a scan or photograph doesn't do it justice.



I guess all this gold leafing rubbed off on me- the other day i was doing some painting exercise (gotta keep the muscle going!) with just black ink and before i knew it a gold paint pen was in my hand and taking over! W-B-G!

0 comments:

KV All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger