In$piration

5.08.2013


Sometimes you just have to fork over some moolah for some kick-in-the-pants inspiration. Looking at other illustrators' work is totally inspiring. It makes me want to be a better artist and it makes me feel good that I'm not seeing other artists drawing/painting things exactly like how I draw/paint things.

So my most recent purchases have been:
-a subscription to 3x3 magazine
-3 back issues of Wrap magazine (still deciding if I want a subscription to this one...it's beautiful but a bit pricey)
-Little Big Books- Book of contemporary picture book illustrators

Don't get me wrong- I love me some pinterest/interwebs for home and fashion inspiration, and I enjoy following different illustration blogs- but nothing tops being able to hold a book or magazine in your hands, flip through it leisurely while sipping on an iced coffee. And then flip through it several more times over the course of the next few days/weeks/months.

Is there anything inspiring that you'll fork over some cash for?

2 comments:

Candice Hartsough said...

I just resubscribed to Communication Arts, for the Illustration Annual alone! It's not much more to just get a whole subscription instead of just that one issue off the newsstand. Thanks for the tips on those materials, I'm going to check them out.

Anonymous said...

Music - recorded and live concerts. Not for visual artistic inspiration (though that might be a by-product).

I find music to be inspiring for life, for existing.

KV All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger