Looking back and forth

1.04.2014


So last year I made these goals for myself...let's see how we did...

1. Create enough strong new work to redo (or at least majorly update) my website 
-IN PROGRESS. definitely did a major update of my site...i'm still struggling with what work to show- my major gigs have been in more of the "chipmunk cheek" style, but i like the newer stuff more. 

2. Have a gallery show of personal work 
-DONE! I had two gallery shows of new work that I felt super proud/excited about!

3. Maintain the Chipmunk Cheeks shop, but not take on commissions/new works in that style. 
-KINDA DONE. I think I did a few new animals this year, but definitely said 'no' more than i said yes. 

4. Find excitement and joy in projects
-DONE! I really loved doing the herbal wreaths and all the newer works for the gallery shows.
 5. Confidence in my craft
-IN PROGRESS- this will always be a goal for me- but being in IKEA this year made it easier to be like "f*ck yeah! My art is in IKEA!"

6. Learn one new artsy skill 
-KINDA DONE. I discovered a new type of paint this year- does that count? I also ventured into needle felting but ended up just making some dryer balls. 
 _ _ _ __________________________________________________________________________ _ _ _

So what does 2014 have in store for me and me arts? Besides moving (location TBA) and all the craziness that goes with that- i'm still figuring it out, but here's a few things i'm thinking over...

1. Be kind. 
- of course i always want to be kind to others, but this year it's more about being kind to myself. Being a stay at home mom is a full time gig- so i need to cut myself some serious slack if i'm not blogging or marketing, or drawing as much as i think i should be. Also included in this is being kind to my body- cutting out gluten/sugar as much as possible, keeping up the crossfit, and making regular massage/chiro appointments.

2. Seek out nature more. 
- I get a lot of energy/ideas when i'm out in nature- so i should be hanging out with trees more- duh.

3. Push my hippie boundaries
- for the past few years reiki has been popping up in my life randomly. I've been ignoring it for the most part- until recently i went and had it done and OH MY GOODNESS- i truly felt like a new person- so much peaceful energy! So i decided i'm going to learn how to do it.

4. Other artsy plans
-as far as the arts goes- my plan is to continue on with creating more healing wreaths and have them available as prints, originals, and large square silk scarves. I'm going to move my chipmunk cheeks etsy shop over to Society6 so that they can still be available to people, but i don't have to do any of the printing. I'm sure more things will pop up, but this feels good for now.








0 comments:

KV All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger